2011年10月7日金曜日

CA Blogging Assignment #4

              The “enhanced” students described in the Radical Evolution made me considered about the meaning of being “enhanced” and whether it enlarges our possibilities.  Being “enhanced certainly gives human more chances and ability.  However, reading those students did not seem attractive for me because I did not understand them why they were students since they were so “enhanced”.  Being “enhanced” takes the chance of improvement from us.  Thus, since being “enhanced” takes the chance of improvement from human beings, I do not think that it gives more chances and possibilities, therefore being “enhanced” means no better than being “not enhanced” for me.

5 件のコメント:

  1. You raise a good question as to why these people are even enrolled in an institution of learning when they are shown to be able to simply access whatever information they want. Hmmm... That's a perceptive question.

    返信削除
  2. Interesting thinking that '"enhanced" means no better than being "not enhanced".' I agree that being students do not make much sense when they have all they need from "enhancement."

    返信削除
  3. That's a funny question. I think "enhanced" students can put into practice how to communicate with "natural" ones in school.

    返信削除
  4. I agree with your idea that being "enhanced" gets rid of chance of improvement from us. "Not enhanced" may be able to have more wonderful life than "enhanced" ones since normal people will get chances and possibilities.

    返信削除
  5. >Maya
    I agree with you that they do not need to be students since they are so "enhanced" and can access to all information they want.
    >Kazuya
    I thought it interesting to think about the communication between "enhanced" ones and "natural"ones. Do you have any specific ideas?
    >Kumi
    I thought that "enhanced" ones and "natural" ones each one has its own chance. However, since I do not feel the need to be enhanced and that I do not want the chance of improvement I, personally want to stay "natural" :)

    返信削除